Friday, May 27, 2005

Belvedere Park

Your rain glistened face
Reflects the stars that light the dark
Clouds form around your mouth
Through Belvedere Park

Our hands laced and crisscrossed
Too careful on stepping-stones
Viscous words not slipping out
With this cold chilling our bones

Minds flicker flashing thoughts
Soak up the company of one another
Meandering through paper trails
Stifling silence we seek to smother

Is it enough, times so brief?
Is it enough, have we changed?
Is it enough, to keep us like this?
Is it enough, to float us over?

The light around your face
I can see what I will miss
Your grip on my fingers
So severe I feel this bliss

Kissing your neck feels warm
Frosty touches our last chance
Rain falls haphazardly around us
Plinking symphony in a trance

Good night my love but for now
May sleep come easy when it’s dark
2 Weeks till your return
Another rendezvous in Belvedere Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home